For over a decade, Jeremy has managed the private banking needs of successful individuals, families and businesses. He has been recognized as one of the most accredited wealth managers in the country, specializing in portfolio construction, strategic asset and liability management, and long-term planning relating to financial matters as well as real estate, income tax, insurance and estate planning.
Jeremy values his personal connection with each Maclendon member and dedicates himself to their prosperity on every level. He especially enjoys working with entrepreneurial clients who are looking to develop a trusting, active relationship with a financial advisor. Working on a one-on-one basis, he helps these members to develop a clear idea of their goals and determine concrete strategies to achieve them.
Before founding Maclendon, Jeremy was vice president and associate director for the number one Merrill Lynch complex of offices in the world. In that leadership role, he helped to build one of the most successful business units in the firm's history. His experience at Merrill Lynch led him to discover that his true passion is helping people with their finances, and he realized he could best do that by opening his own firm. Prior to joining Merrill Lynch, Jeremy was a business consultant working with large corporations throughout the Caribbean, Latin America and the United States.
Jeremy has a true passion for learning and earned his Ph.D., with honors, from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida, where his doctoral work focused on global leadership and management. He has earned numerous financial industry credentials, including the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Certified Investment Management Analyst® certifications, and completed Bloomberg Certifications in Equities, Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange. He is licensed in Florida to sell real estate.
Jeremy, his wife Sherry, and their three children, Macie, Jaedon and Lennox, enjoy sports, music, family, friends, and fitness. He is active in many charitable and community organizations, including the Brian Fink Memorial Foundation, Emily K Center, Operation Smile, SJO Foundation for Hope and the Wounded Warrior Project. He founded the Howard Isaacson Innovation Challenge at Lynn University, is heavily involved in the Maclendon Mentorship program, and is a volunteer YMCA coach.
- Ph.D., Global Leadership—Corporate and Organizational Management, Lynn University
- MBA, University of Florida
- B.S., Finance, Miami University
Certificates, Designations and Licenses
- Certified Financial Planner™ professional
- Certified Investment Management Analyst®
- Chartered Financial Consultant®
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor™
- NFLPA Registered Player Financial Advisor
- Bloomberg Certifications in Equities, Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity Insurance Licenses
- Series 7, 9, 10, 66 and 99 Securities Licenses
Memberships and Associations
- Advisory Board, Lynn University College of Business and Management
- Board of Directors, Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Delray Beach Education Board
- Chairman's Club, FA Today
- Board Member, HiConversion
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.